24 September 2011

Book Review: The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine #2)

The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine #2) by Bree Despain

DON'T READ IF NOT READ FIRST BOOK!

Format: Paperback
Publisher: Egmont
Published: 7th March 2011
Pages: 404
Main Characters: Grace, Daniel and Talbot
Date Started: 11th September 2011
Date Finished: 15th September 2011
Rating Given: ****



Goodreads:


A family destroyed. A love threatened. An enemy returns.

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process.

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger - in more ways than one.

Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her - not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.

Bree Despain delivers sizzling romance and thrilling action in the heart-pounding sequel to the The Dark Divine.

After reading the first book The Dark Divine I just fell in love with the story and when the next one was released the obvious choice was to buy it so I could continue with Grace and Daniels story which I wasn't that disappointed with the second book.
The start of this book I absolutely loved it and I got into it straight away but then when secrets was starting between both Daniel and Grace I was starting to get annoyed as I was scared to what was going to happen between the both of them. As the story continued and we met a new character called Talbot I got even more scared I just didn't trust this character and am still not sure whether to trust him or not by the end as he sure did bring out the worse in Grace.
Grace was a bit different in this book compared to the first book which is because of the wolf side of her so her dark side was coming through in this book which I didn't like. Daniel seemed to have more secrets in this book than the first which I also didn't like. Jude wasn't in this book as much as the first one but when he was I didn't know if I liked him or not he just kept changing his mind but again that would be the wolf inside of him. Graces' mum was rather annoying in this book but I guess if one of your children go missing I am sure anyone would be the same. As for her dad who wasn't in it much until nearer towards the end I just didn't know what to make of him for just disappearing on the family when he knew how much his family needed him but again there is probably reasoning in his madness. We also got see more of Gabriel in this one which I liked knowing more about him.
As for the ending well it was a huge cliffhanger which makes me both excited and scared to read the next one but one things for I will be!