4 October 2011

Book Review: Captivate (Need #2)

Captivate (Need #2) by Carrie Jones

Format: Paperback
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Published: 5th January 2010
Pages: 273
Main Characters: Zara and Nick
Date Started: 1st October 2011
Date Finished: 4th October 2011
Rating Given: ***

Goodreads:
Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town.

A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.
I really enjoyed this book and was looking forward to reading the next one in the series but I found out what happened an it put me off reading it. However I did eventually get it in a swap and I just had to read it to find out what exactly happens.
With it being a while since I read the first one I didn't quite remember what happened but when reading this book it kept reminding me but not in an obvious way it was just little hints which did help.
I did think it was good I just didn't like it as much as I did with the first one as this book was a bit boring and a bit slow to start with. After getting into the book towards the end it goes and ruin's it by something happening that wasn't good. The ending was better and does give me hope that things might get better in the next book.
I liked Zara's character she seemed like a strong person who didn't like being dictated too. I was very impressed in what she was willing to do to help her loved one's. I really did like Nick as well but he did have some annoying traits like the way he kept calling Zara baby it didn't make sense he would call her this with how mach he seemed to be I would have thought he would have found it degrading towards Zara. We also got to meet a new character called Astley who is a pixie who says he isn't evil like the others I still don't know what to make of his claims just yet but I am sure we will find out more in the next book.
Overall a good book but not the best book I have ever read but I will read the next book maybe not just yet though.

2 comments:

  1. I've been liking this series. NOt the best in the world but still :) I'm kind of sick of Nick some though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about this series I just need to read Entice to see how I feel

    ReplyDelete