13 December 2011

Teaser Tuesday #3

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

My Teaser:
The Merchant's Daughter by Melanie Dickerson



Ranulf didn't want to leave, but he also didn't want to let the young woman haunt him. He was haunted enough as it was. His wife, dead these three years, had also been beautiful. And she'd used her beauty like a dagger.
Beautiful women weren't to be trusted or allowed into a man's heart when that man was less than perfect himself. He'd learnt that lesson well.

Page 85 May differ to finished book as this is an E-ARC.




I absolutely love this re-telling of Beauty and the Beast I keep thinking back to the Disney version (that I watched last week) and thinking 'oh that's the same but also different'. I am still not even halfway through yet but if what I have read already is anything like how it continues this could be my favourite book of the year!

2 comments:

  1. I love all these books that are coming out that are re-tellings of classics! Definitely going to be adding this to my TBR shelf; great teaser!

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows | Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, sounds so great :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/12/teaser-tuesdays_13.html

    ReplyDelete