10 February 2012

Follow Friday #13


Follow Friday is a weekly event hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. This is a great way to discover new blogs and make new friends! This weeks featured are Book Chow Down and Goldilox and the Three Weres.


Q: What would your prefer: reading your favourite book over and over again until you got sick of it OR reading 100s of mediocre books? And why?


Answer: For me when I read I am always trying to find new brilliant books which I have found quite a few of this year. I don't like reading mediocre books they really annoy me so when I finish them and I know I won't read them again I will get rid of them (by swapping). I love books that I can re-read over and over again that's when you know you are onto a good thing. The only thing is I don't get to re-read books that often because I have far too many books on to TBR pile which only seems to be getting bigger. If I really fancy reading a book that I have already read I will set it to one side and read it again. This is the reason why I don't go for library books as you can't re-read them when you have the urge. I do like the Netgalley though as if I really enjoy a book I know I will end up buying it which I know I could do with Library books but these galley's are arc copies so aren't even the finished version.

10 comments:

  1. I don't even remember the last time I was able to re-read a book either! My TBR pile is insane and plus I tend to find new authors in between waiting for releases and the cycle starts again!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer! My feelings exactly. New follower :)

    Here's my FF: http://datesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much agree with you! Fantastic answer. I know I've said it before, but I LOVE your blog banner - such cute little owls :)

    If you have time and if you want to, please drop by my Follow Friday and enter my International Giveaway!

    Stephanie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I love my little owls too it was actually my Christmas wrapping paper!

      Delete
    2. I've actually been thinking about this. It could be a VERY long time before I tire of my favorite book, but 100 mediocre books I could push through in less than a year. Maybe I should change to the one that gets me to new, exciting books quicker.

      Delete
  4. I love to read my favorites again. But I agree with you about it being hard to find the time to re-read.
    New follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I love finding new books but hate being disappointed by bad ones.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I'll always keep the faith that maybe, between all those mediocre books, there'll be a favorite one. I love discovering new authors!

    Thanks for stopping by! New follower, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you it's quite the same thing for me. it would be depressing to read so many mediocre books.

    old follower

    mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the stop by and the follow on Friday! Following back!

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    ReplyDelete