17 March 2012

Book Review: Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1)

Fury (The Fury Trilogy #1) by Elizabeth Miles

Format: Hardback
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's
Published: 30th August 2011
Pages: 370
Main Characters: Em, Chase
Date Started: 10th March 2012
Date Finished: 15th March 2012
Rating Given: ***

Goodreads:
It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems...

Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.

On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.

In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay.

Em and Chase have been chosen.

With this book I am not really sure what to think about it as sometimes I would be enjoying it and the other time's I didn't like it.

This is my first time reading about Furies so I wasn't sure what to expect with them. I did expect to be told about them a lot sooner than when we did learn about them, so all the way until that moment I was trying to figure what and why things was happening. I guess that could have been done so that we know what the character's know but I like to know these things.

Apart from the prologue which was very entertaining the beginning was too slow I was expecting it to pick up pace at one point but then it would slow down again. It wasn't until halfway through when it picked up it's pace and kept picking up momentum.

I wasn't sure about the characters as most of them was acting like spoilt children which made me understand about the Furies coming for them. The only character that I liked was JD he seemed sweet and funny but he was just getting used until the end.

This book felt more like a set-up to the series so hopefully the next books will be more entertaining as we will know about the Furies.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you didn't love this one .. I was really looking forward to your review Kate because I wanted to know if it was worth picking it up. It sounds good but not awesome so I'm not planning on reading this one .. Thanks for the great and honest review :) !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try and write an honest review but don't let me put you off reading it as you like others might enjoy it

      Delete