15 March 2012

Film Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
(May contain spoilers)


Director: David Yates
Writers: Steve Kloves (Screenplay), J.K. Rowling (Novel)
Stars Characters: Daniel Radcliffe/Harry Potter, Emma Watson/ Harmione, Rupert Grint/Ron, Ralph Fiennes/Lord Voldemort, Alan Rickman/Professor Snape
Cinema Release Date: 15th July 2011
Recently Watched (DVD): 15th March 2012
Rating Given: *****

This film thankfully picks up right where we left of from the previous film which they kind of had to do as when it was a book it's all in one not in two parts like the film so there couldn't be anything of importance missing in the film otherwise it just wouldn't work.

It has been a long time since I last read the book but to my knowledge it looks like they have kept faithful to the books which I am so glad because I feel that this particular book everything is needed to show people what happens without them getting confused. There was some shorter scenes that should have been extended like the battle as this a lot of the up close action I just feel like they didn't do it the same as the book so that the children can watch it which I am not happy about as most of them children would have read the book. I did read the adult version so maybe the version for children was more like the film so if you have read both versions please let me know was the battle scene the same?

With the books of Harry Potter the ending has always been my favourite way of ending a series so I was so pleased when that was kept into the film as to me it shows us a true ending.

I loved this film well actually all of them just as much as the books. I loved that even though it was a dark film there was still some humour which I think is needed in these kind of films. I also found myself close to tears at quite a few points not all of them was the sad parts.

It really does feel like we have watched both the characters and the stars grow up which was nice to seem, it is sad to them all go.

A great ending to a great series in both books and films.

1 comment:

  1. I was quite disappointed with battle at the end of this film. We didn't see a lot of what was going on with the other characters. Fred (or was it George) just ends up dead, as do Tonks and Lupin. I also didn't like how Voldemort just melts into little pieces of ash. I would have like a great big explosion or something. Other than that, I enjoyed the film though.

    ReplyDelete