17 April 2012

Teaser Tuesday #20

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!




My teasers:





Endure by Carrie Jones





"Get out of the way, Zara," she says.
"But-"
She's holding a gun. A gun! Where did she get a freaking gun?
Austin yells at Issie, "Aim at his head."
Issie says, "Dude! Evil dude! Stop now or I'll shoot."
She looks at me for approval. For a second, I contemplate taking the gun out of her shaking hands. Astley roars in pain as Frank's fist comes at him.
"Astley, get back!" I yell.
And he leaps away, not asking why, just trusting.
And Issie pulls the trigger. - Pages 80 & 81
Loads has been happening and I could have used many quotes but this is one that doesn't give some other things away like the other ones would have.
I am really enjoying this book it seem as though Carrie Jones has saved the best until last.







              Candlewax by C. Bailey Sims







All her life Catherine had hoped to see a fairrier cat. No book, no scroll provided by her tutors had ever examined this legend, much to her frustration, and now-at the worse possible time-she was getting her wish. Only, the cat wasn't about to kill her. Catherine urged the sorrel faster. - Page 10
Only read the first chapter but so far it seems interesting and I am looking forward to seeing how everything plays out.


Both books are ARC copies so therefore subject to change.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great teaser for Endure. The Need series is not one I have looked into but if it has good action, I might consider it. Hmm the legend in Candlewax looks pretty interesting as well.

    My Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Candlewax, but I liked your teaser :)
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! That first teaser is a doozie!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, like both books especially Candlewax.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover of both of these books! Great teasers!

    Here's my TT:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/04/teaser-tuesdays-41712.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete