9 May 2012

Book Cover: Bunheads


Bunheads by Sophie Flack


This cover really does draw my eye to it as it is very eye catching and because of it I had to read it. I haven't read it yet but I do have it on my shelf waiting for me to read it however, this version is the US copy and I have the UK one which only has the one ballerina. The part I love the most about this cover is the way it's repetitive and looks more like a piece of art.
I also like the way that the title has been centred which does make it stand out but I do feel as though it needs to look more bolder to make it pop just as much as the ballerina's do. I don't think that that matters too much though because of it being slap bang in the middle your eye is then immediately draw to the title. What I don't think works well for this cover is the author's name I don't think it stands out at all and I really had to look closely to actually see it. Maybe it should have gone underneath the title or have it in black and then centre it on the dresses.
The UK version may not be as eye catching as this one but it does give the girl more of a spotlight and all the writing is visible which I think is needed more than the picture as we need to know the title and author.
After reading the blurb on Goodreads (click the picture and it will take you to it) it looks like the cover matches what the book is actually about which I love when a cover can tell what it's about rather than having nothing to do with the story so then we can tell if it is something we could enjoy reading. I think I might just like it as I love dance films although I have never read a dance based book before but I'm sure I will enjoy it (fingers crossed).

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoy Bunheads Kate! I've just finished reading it and LOVED it!!!! I actually prefer the UK cover, it's more elegant and simplistic for my liking :)

    ReplyDelete