2 May 2012

Book Cover: Shattered Souls


Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey


I love this cover it looks so beautiful and it was the main reason for me wanting to read the book although I haven't got it yet to read but I hope I will get it soon because if the cover is anything to go by it will be a great read.
I love the effect of the dress in the way it turns into not being a part of it. To me it looks like petals but am not sure what it is but with it floating mid-air does give it more of the look of petals. The colour is stunning and makes the girl and the dress stand out from the rest of the cover. The composition of the girl is different to most covers as usually they are placed more centred whereas this time it is positioned at a right angle I think it makes it look very effective and different.
It was a good idea keeping the background blank as otherwise it would have been too much going on that it would have looked cluttered and not have the same beautiful effect.
The title of the books font matches the title of the book which I think was a great idea to do and it does look very effective.
A great book cover can't wait to read the book!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this book yet but I absolutely love this cover and this is definitely the kind of books that I want to read because of the cover :) !!

    ReplyDelete