27 May 2012

Showcase Sunday #4









Showcase Sunday is a new weekly Meme that I am taking part of. This weekly meme is hosted by Vicky over at Book, Biscuits and Tea and for more info click on the SS image which will take you straight to the blog.


As you can see in the above picture I received a few books this week which I am so happy about as I don't usually get this many books in one week!

Swap Books

Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
This has been on my wishlist for such a long time so when I see it on someones swap list I just had to have it. I am very much looking forward to reading this book.

Review Books

Ascend by Amanda Hocking
I have no idea why I received this book in the post this week as I was already sent it months ago. I think this is a finished copy as it has the bonus story so maybe a future giveaway!

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I was so pleased when the UK Bloomsbury was offering the chance to review it I jumped at the chance as I tried to get it on Netgalley but wasn't accepted. The cover that I have is an unfinished copy but I love it, the girl is more of a shadow but I love this version as well.

Gifted Books

I still had some Christmas money left to spend so finally spent it on some books.

Unravelled by Gena Showalter
I know a lot of you said not to rush with this series but with it being just over £3 I couldn't pass up the chance to get it but knowing me it will be awhile until I get around to reading it.

The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry
I must admit the reason why I got this book was completely cover lust it's just beautiful and now I'm looking forward to reading it I just hope it's as good as the cover. This hardcover was £6.99 on amazon so very cheap for a hardcopy.

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I have been after this book for ages and it doesn't help how much everyone raves about it so I knew I just had to see what all the fuss is about.

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
This series is one of my favourites but when I heard book number 6 isn't out until 2014 I wasn't in a hurry to get this book but when I found it in Tesco's and saw that it was £4.89 I just had to get it.



So that's what I got this week what did everyone else get?


9 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Nice haul!!

    I looooove Gena Showalter's YA series! I am seriously dying a slow reader's death waiting for the next one. I think it releases next year, but the wait is killing me! The third one ends with a helluva cliffhanger, so read carefully when moving on to book 3! Plan it out well! Seriously! ;)

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of these books are on my TBR list, they're all amazing!! Really good choice of books.


    Enjoy reading them all!

    Ella
    Check my mailbox? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul!

    The Peculiars was a pretty good book, it wasn't one of my favorites but I still thought it was good.

    Enjoy your reads :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME haul! I like every book you have there! I really can't wait to get my hands on some of them :D Happy reading, but that won't be a problem ^^

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-sunday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely goodies this week.
    I love that Peculiars cover, i hope its as good as the cover too :D lol. hope you enjoy your new books :D

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so dying to read Obsidian! You've got many great books, enjoy them all.
    Here's what I got this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The same thing happened to me with All These Things I've Done! I was sent a copy then about a month later I got another one with a different cover. :| Odd!

    Anyway, I'll have to pick up Obsidian soon!! Can't wait to see what the hype is about.
    Great books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are all awesome books!! Sweet haul. I like the cover you show for Throne of Glass. You can see my books and news on The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. You received some fab books this week Kate! I've heard so many great things about Throne of Glass! So I can't wait to hear your thoughts! Hope you enjoy the rest of your books too! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete