15 May 2012

Teaser Tuesday #22

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!




My teasers:






Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen






"Something to discuss with me, Guy of Gisbourne?" Rob called. The people scattered at this chance, the second captive forgotten.
"Guards!" Gisbourne called drawing his sword.
I couldn't resist. I'm a thief; we weren't never good with temptation, honestly. I pulled a knife out and flicked it; with the clear angle, it sliced a deep line into his left cheekbone. Blood began to drip fast, I noticed with a grin. - Page 76

I love this twist on a Robin Hood classic and I can't wait to read more as I think there are loads of secrets that are bound to come out soon.






              Exiled by J. R. Wagner









Margaret stared into his eyes. "That man is dead. Whoever we saw today is an impostor. Remember, James, magic is a deceiver's best friend. We must be hesitant in our trust of anyone."
"Especially the dead," A voice from behind them said. They both turned toward the sound. - Page 156

I'm not into this one as much as the other book that I'm reading. It's slow and confusing.




Both books are arc copies so quotes may differ to final finished copy.

4 comments:

  1. Scarlet sounds intriguing. I love Robin Hood stuff. Here's mine: Small Blonde Hippy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Exiled teaser sounds so much more intriguing but that's just me, I'm really not into fairy tale retellings...

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOh! Nice! Love the second one! Sounds very mysterious!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers :) !! I can't wait to read your review on Scarlet :)

    ReplyDelete