22 May 2012

Teaser Tuesday #23

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!




My teasers:







Burn Mark by Laura Powell







'Nothing really changes here, does it? Same old, same old. It's not too late for us. It could be different for you.'
No, it's too late for me as well, thought Glory. I've agreed to bring a government spy into our home. Whatever happened afterwards, she knew nothing in their lives would be the same.
Awkwardly, she bent down and kissed her dad's bald spot. 'I know what I'm doing.' she said. - Page 184

Not much happened at the beginning but now it's getting really interesting. I am looking forward to seeing what is going to happen next.








       Torn by Stephanie Guerra








He nodded knowingly. "See? I'll win you over yet."
The smugness in Kenneth's voice sucked the laughter right out of me. I glanced at Ruby, who was busy arranging her feet in the basin, and gave him a cool stare. "No, you won't." I said only loud enough for him to hear. - Page 138

A good enough book but nothing very interest lets hope it picks up soon.



Both teasers are arc copies so the quotes could differ to final copies.

4 comments:

  1. Great teasers, both of them!

    here is my TT

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree both are good teasers.

    Here's my TT: http://tinyurl.com/d4hvsvq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh the character in Torn sounds really strong. Great teasers.

    Maura @ Monster of Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers Kate, I look forward to read your reviews on these books :)

    ReplyDelete