29 May 2012

Teaser Tuesday #24

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!




My teasers:





Raised By Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes






No! The word exploded in my brain, and with it came paralysis. It washed over my body, taking first my legs and then my torso, my arms, even my lips, until I couldn't manage a single cry when Sora's fist crashed into my face again.
I wouldn't fight this.
I couldn't.
My field of vision exploded, first into red, then into black, and then into nothing. Blessed nothing, and numbness, and as black faded to star-tinged gray, I crumpled to the ground.
Unconscious. - Page 191
A really good book so far as loads of things keep happening yet they keep you guessing as well. Looking forward to find out some things.







      The Shapeshifter's Secret by Heather Ostler






It seemed somehow ironic that only yesterday Julia had wanted to make sure things didn't get complicated with this new by she had met. Now, as she crouched low in the dark tunnel, trusting Caleb with her life, she knew things could only be complicated between them. - Page 44
Not a bad start but it does seem a little too juvenile for me but maybe things will pick up soon as I'm not that far into the story.



The Shapeshifter's Secret is a e-arc so therefore the quote may differ to final copy.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome teasers! I'm left wondering why the narrator in Raised by Wolves won't fight back, and what has happened to the narrator in The Shapeshifter's Secret that she's trusting this boy with her life already. I'll definitely have to check these out. Thanks for sharing!

    Feel free to check out my teaser here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice teases! Read Jennifer's book ages ago! Liked it too! Have to remember to get her final one soon...

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete