17 June 2012

Book Review: Out For Blood (Drake Chronicles #3)

Out For Blood (Drake Chronicles #3) by Alyxandra Harvey



Format: Paperback
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Published: 1st November 2010
Pages: 292
Main Characters: Hunter, Quinn
Date Started:13th June 2012
Date Finished: 17th June 2012
Rating Given: *****

Blurb from Goodreads:

Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy, where she excels at just about everything. Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends—or even more. When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire. Who said senior year would be easy?

I have read and loved the first two in this series so I am surprised that it has taken me awhile to actually read this book as like the first two I loved this one too.

I love the UK covers of this series but I do think out of the covers that are out this one is my favourite so far but I think that has more to do with the hint of blue it looks so effective against the black background. Also what you can't actually see from the picture is that the title is raised which I love. I also love that some of the black is shiny so in certain lights you can see some trees which again I love.

I have read a few of Alyxandra Harvey's books and she is becoming one of my favourite authors especially based on the Drake Chronicles she has created the most likable and lovable brothers. There is always so much going on with this family and even the family she keeps introducing I have never seen so much drama. All the books are quick reads which is another reason to love them. I have the rest of the series which are out now on my shelf to ready for me to read as well as one of her other books and I can't wait to read them all as it seems Harvey can not put a foot wrong.

Out For Blood follows the brother Quinn which until now we haven't heard much from and another new character Hunter. There is always something going on in this book from the moment it starts up until the last page and from the way it ended it will only continue in the next book. There was moments that I would be laughing or even smiling and also moments where I would be on the edge of my seat. This was a very addicting book and would have probably finished it sooner if I had time over the past couple of days but that was no fault of the book.

I loved Quinn I always thought it would be Nicholas who would be my favourite now I'm not so sure. Quinn was so funny but also sweet most of my favourite parts where involving Quinn. Hunter is another female lead that I love she was also funny especially when she was around Quinn but she could definitely hold her own in a world full of vampires. I hope we get to see more from these two as they made a great couple I'm sure we will as we got to see Lucy and Nicholas in this book as well as the rest. We got introduced to a few new characters including Chloe who was an annoying for a bit of this book but we do find the reason behind this and after that she was a fun a fun character that I would like to see more from. There was some others that we didn't get to see enough of but in the end I didn't mind as I was able to see more of Quinn!

Overall another hit for Alyxandra Harvey in the Drake Chronicles as it was very entertaining with a mixture of romance and action with a bit of mystery thrown in for good measure.