14 June 2012

Film Review: Snow White and The Huntsman

Snow White and The Huntsman

(May contain spoilers)


Director: Rupert Sanders
Writers: Evan Daugherty (Screenplay and Screen Story), John Lee Hancock (Screenplay), Hossein Amini (Screenplay)
Stars/Characters: Kristen Stewart/Snow White, Chris Hemsworth/The Huntsman, Charlize Theron/Ravenna, Sam Claflin/William, Sam Spruell/Finn, Ian McShane/Beith, Bob Hoskins/Muir, Ray Winstone/Gort, Nick Frost/Nion, Eddie Marsan/Duir, Toby Jones/Coll, Johnny Harris/Quert
Cinema Release Date: 30th May 2012
Date Watched: 13th June 2012
Rating Given: *****


I didn't actually know that this is a book until a couple of weeks ago but I loved the film so much that I think reading the book would more than likely spoil it for me.

As soon as I saw that Chris Hemsworth was going to be in this film I knew that I just had to watch it and I'm glad I did as like his other films just recently this film was brilliant.

This film had to get the full five stars as I loved it so much that I couldn't say a bad word about it (well I would have complained about the ending but I've just heard that they have been given the go ahead for another film). The special effects was just outstanding if not a bit gross at times but I didn't mind that too much although the amount of birds did have me turning away from the screen! This film had a mixture of action, romance, humour and heartache I think it has something in there for everyone.

The acting was actually brilliant which I was surprised as Kristen Stewart wasn't the best actor in Twilight yet in this film her acting was really good as well as her English acting. She was believable as Snow White as I had heard a few remarks that her being more beautiful than Charlize Theron was not believable but because Theron is the bad guy it makes her ugly and it's more about Snow White being pure of heart. Theron was also great at acting the bad guy as well as showing why she was that way made you hate her a little less. As for Chris Hemsworth he was just brilliant and I loved him with an accent it just made me swoon at him all the more I could have done with more screen time for Mr. Hemsworth ;)  The dwarf's was also brilliant they really did make the film.

I just love this film it's one that I will be watching again and I really do hope that a sequel comes off.

1 comment:

  1. I want to watch this, but I think I may wait until it goes to the Redbox. hahaha

    ReplyDelete