4 July 2012

Book Cover: Vampire Shift


Vampire Shift by Tim O'Rourke


The first time I came across this book I loved this cover and was the main reason why I had to add this book to my tbr pile. I have not long since finished this book and I have to say that the story lives up to the cover which doesn't always happen but I'm so glad this does as I need this cover on my bookshelf!
I can't actually pinpoint what the main focus of this cover is as I seem to focus on it all and I love that this cover can do that.
I have seen quite a few covers with people in full on them which I do like but in this cover the whole of the cover is filled with the girl's face. I do like it when covers fill the whole of the cover as I think it looks more intriguing and you seem to notice things more. I love the way that part of her face is covered as the colour of the hair breaks up what would have been a more neutral coloured cover which in some cases work but in this case the added colour makes it stand out.
The main part of the cover that I love is the way it looks like she is crying blood as it's not normal so there for the reader knows something interesting will be happening in this book.
Her eye is very captivating as it looks like she is staring right at us and makes me want to know what she sees which is in keeping with the story.
I love that the title's font has been kept simple as it just wouldn't have looked right, it would've taken the focus of the rest of the cover.
Not everything that is going on in the cover is in keeping with the story but I don't think that it matters in this case as it gives us enough clues to guess what is going to happen.