17 July 2012

Teaser Tuesday #31

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!




My teasers:






Taken By Storm by Jennifer Lynn Barnes






"What happened in that house wasn't a clean kill." Caroline shook her head. "It wasn't even an animal one."
"What was it?" Lake asked, her voice strained and high.
Caroline didn't answer, so I did, on her behalf.
"That," I said, shivering in the night and drawing what little warmth I could from Chase's body, "was retribution." - Page 121
It was hard to find any quotes that didn't give too much away but I decided this one left you all guessing. I am really enjoying this book and by far the best in this series.








            Burn by Heath Gibson








Her eyes bounce from me to Daddy like she wants him to join in. But like the rest of us, he just wants to eat. His silent refusal to participate pisses her off. She slams her hand down on the table hard enough to make the silverware jump. "You're supposed to honour me. That's what it says."
I slide my chair back and pick up my plate. "Mom, I guess it all depends on your definition."  - Page 22
Not read much of this book so had to pick an early quote so not as interesting as what it might actually be. (Arc copy so quote may differ to final book).

2 comments:

  1. Great quote from Taken by Storm. I really liked that book and agree it was the best of the series. My teasers this week are from The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater and Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice tease from Taken by Storm! Haven't gotten to buying that one yet! Now I am a little more interested since I have read the first 2 books!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete