14 August 2012

Teaser Tuesday #34

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! To find out more about the books click on the picture which will take you to Goodreads.




My teasers:







Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles






I didn't mean to knee Luis in the nuts.
    Okay, so that's not entirely true. I meant to knee him where it counts. I just didn't mean  to do it hard-in front of everyone, including the bride and groom. And my parents. And his mother. And everyone else who happened to be on the dance floor at the time. - Page 42
I love this series and this book is no different I am going to seriously miss these Fuentes brothers. There was so many teasers that I could have chosen from and I'm not even finished yet but I decided to go with this one because I found it funny and a couple of pages after this was also a contender!






        Semi-Charmed Life by Nora Zelevansky






He peered incredulously at her. "I know you don't have many windows down here with the pod people, Princess, but it's actually almost noon." Noon! She'd completely forgotten to set her alarm. Lovely. She'd missed her first class. "Anyway, I'm gonna go rejoin the land of the living. You're welcome. I think." He turned to leave.
"For what? You said the roach didn't pose a threat yourself" - Page 45
I'm not sure what to make of this book yet I couldn't seem to get into it straight away but I am starting to get interested now. (This is an arc copy so the quote may differ to the final copy)

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, wonder what he did to earn that? lol

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're semi-charmed by the book? Ok, that was a terrible joke!
    XD The first teaser does sound very good though! I hope you enjoy both of your books and thanks for sharing!
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/teaser-tuesday-life-knocks.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. What interesting teasers! Seem like a great reads....

    My tuesday teaser is from The Accused by John Grisham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete