17 October 2012

Book Cover Talk: The Lost Prince

This week's book cover that I am talking about is...
 
 

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

 
This is the UK edition of The Lost Prince which was only just revealed this week and I must admit I love this cover loads more than the US edition which I don't usually feel that way but this cover is stunning.
I haven't read the Iron Fey series well I tried the first one but couldn't get on with it but that was a few years ago now so I am going to give them another try just so I can give this one a try as just from the cover it looks like it's going to be good.
There is a lot going on within the cover but this time I don't mind as I feel like it's captured a moment from the book. Even though it looks like a moment it doesn't actually look realistic which is the only thing I'm not too sure about.
I love that the main focus (well for me) is the tree as all the branches give the whole cover a beautiful effect. I also like that because of the branches it looks more textured when most likely it will be smooth.
I have said on a few other cover but I will say it again I love when not many different colours are used which is like this cover but there is a hint of other colours which i think looks stunning especially the green it looks very mystical.
The font for the title I actually like as it's simple but because of the layout and the different sizes it makes it stand out.
I love this cover and now that I have seen it I can't wait to read this and the series before it.