9 October 2012

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


 
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Speak
Published: 4th August 2011
Pages: 372
Main Characters: Anna, Etienne
Date Started: 3rd October 2012
Date Finished: 7th October 2012
Rating Given: *****
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?
 
 
I had wanted this book for such a long time and then a couple of months ago I was sent a RAK and I was so happy it was a copy of this book. Even though I have had for a bit now it took me awhile to actually pick it up I just wish I picked it up sooner as I loved every minute of it.
 
I'm not a huge fan of the cover as for me it's a bit cheesy looking. Even though I find it a bit cheesy I still think it's a cute cover I just wish we could see Etienne.
 
From the moment I started this book I was hooked even if it didn't have the action that I have come to love it just wasn't needed in this very cute read. I loved that it didn't just have the romance side of it but also the relationships between family and friends. I even love the setting of the book as that's not usually something I really pay any attention to but I now want to go visit France which I never had wanted to before this book. I found this book to be a sweet and quick read which I highly recommend.
 
The characters I loved they just made the book that much more entertaining. Anna was a great female character as she was funny and she also cared about everybody but there was times when i thought she was a bit of a hypocrite. Etienne well where do I start he was just so sweet and funny. I don't usually like good guys as the main I'm a bit of a bad boy fan (even if there was times when he was a little bit bad but he just couldn't help the way he felt) but Etienne changed that for me as I just fell in love with him from the moment we was introduced to him. They wasn't the only great characters as there was some side characters which I found just as funny and sweet. With every book there is always a bad character and this is no different it just happens that it wasn't the main characters which I am very thankful for.
 
Overall one of the best contemporary romance I have read this year and I can't wait to get stuck into Lola and the Boy Nextdoor which I have heard that Anna and Etienne appear in.

1 comment: