23 October 2012

Teaser Tuesday #44

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! To find out more about the books click on the picture which will take you to Goodreads.




My teasers:




A Soldier's Secret by Marissa Moss







Just a minute there." The recruiter stops me as I lean over to dip the pen in ink. "You can't enlist."
I freeze. Can he tell? I'm wearing a shirt, vest, and trousers as usual, my curly hair cut short except for a lock that insists on falling over my forehead. I brush it away nervously and meet the man's eyes. I've been passing for nearly three years now, but every new encounter still brings with it the same fear. I take nothing for granted. The key thing, I remind myself, is not to reveal anything, to act as normal as possible. - Page 1



I know I usually use two teasers when reading the one book but I have used a longer teaser this time to make up for it as I don't want to give too much away. This is actually the first lines from the book which I though set up the story the best. I have near enough finished this book and I am really enjoying it.