18 November 2012

Book Review: Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga #4) by Stephenie Meyer

May contain spoilers from both the book and the film
 
Format: Hardback
Publishers: ATOM
Published: 4th August 2008
Pages: 756
Main Characters: Bella, Edward, Jacob
Reread Date Started: 13th November 2012
Reread Date Finished: 16th November 2012
Rating Given:
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

WHEN YOU LOVED THE ONE WHO WAS KILLING YOU, IT LEFT YOU NO OPTIONS. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give, how could you not give it? If it was someone you truly loved?

To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to a werewolf Jacob Black, she has endured a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife to reach the ultimate turning point. her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fate of two tribes hangs.

Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating and unfathomable consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life - first discovered in Twilight, then scattered and torn in New Moon and Eclipse - seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed...forever?

 

I just had to reread this book before I went to see the film which I wasn't sure that I was going to make it but I am pleased to say I read it just in time.

This is my second favourite cover of this particular series  as I love the black and white with a hint of red. Again it hasn't nothing to do with the book but I do like that they used it in the film (BD part 1).

As well as the cover being my second favourite this is my second favourite book as I love the humour in this one I found myself laughing at different scenes especially my favourite where Bella and Emmett have an arm wrestle match. I did feel a little disappointed with there being no real action it was a bit anti-climatic. I loved that we got to see things from Jacob's point of view as I always wonder what other people are thinking so it was nice to see. I think this book could have been better with it split into two separate books like the film did it would have been easier to take in everything as I kept forgetting what happened during the beginning while reading the end.

Bella I felt was a bit better in this book as she finally got what she wanted and she was a bit less selfish once she was a vampire. Edward I loved just as much as I did in the first one. I liked Jacob a little more than before too as with seeing things from his side I felt what he was going through. Emmett was his charming self and I just love him as nearly everything that I found funny had him in the scene. I love all the new characters that we was introduced to especially Renesmee she was so sweet and it was nice to see the interaction with her and everyone else. I also loved the relationship between Edward and Bella especially the wedding it was just so sweet.

Overall It was a great end to the series I just wish it was an epic ending.