23 November 2012

Book Review: The Trouble With Nightingale by Amaleen Ison

Format: ebook
Publishers: Musa Publishing
Published: 20th January 2011
Pages: 38
Main Characters: Millie
Date Started: 22nd November 2012
Date Finished: 22nd November 2012
Rating Given:
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

When eighteen-year-old Millie Scrubbings moves to new digs on East London’s Nightingale Estate, she believes she’s finally closed the door on a childhood dictated by strangers. But overnight, her peaceful high-rise turns bonkers, and a series of grisly murders leaves Millie frightened and more helpless than ever.

Millie must accept her lead role in rescuing Nightingale from its descent into anarchy, or risk all Hell breaking loose.

 

I was asked if I wanted to review this book by a review cordinator and it sounded really good so I said yes. I didn't even realize how short the book was until I went to read it.

The cover is a bit simple but I don't mind as I find it rather eye catching and that's all that's needed for the covers. I also like that everything that is only the cover ties in with the actual story.

 This is a very short book but it is still action packed and it just goes to show that less is more and some books over pack them. It did start off a bit confusing as it was like we was just thrown into the deep end without explaining the whys and hows but the further I went into it the more things got explained. I loved all the different creatures and they was described so well that I could picture them. Even though I liked that it was short I still wish that it was a longer book as i think if it was it could have easily have been a 5/5 book even an epic book.

I don't think we got a real feel for the characters as there just wasn't enough time to invest in them. Millie seemed like a feisty character and I would have liked to have gotten to know her even more as I think she could have been a very strong character. There was another character that I liked and that was Fabian as he was a funny character but again I felt like we could have done with more time to get to know him even better.

Overall I really enjoyed this book I just wish there was more of it.