29 November 2012

Changing Covers #3

 
Hi everyone welcome to my new weekly feature which all about covers that change either in the middle of the series or even when the series had finished. (The covers will mainly be UK changes but also from the USA.) I decided to do this feature as there has been so many cover changes it's hard to keep up.
I am not sure if anyone has done this particular feature so feel free to let me know so I can start linking it up to them. It is similar to other features that are out there but I'm hoping that this is different enough.
 
 
First Published            Old UK                  New UK

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

 
When this series was first published it had a completely different look and I didn't like it I wish the new UK covers where released first as I much prefer them. Here in the UK there was a offer for the first one when you bought a different book so I jumped at the chance but then they changed the covers here in the UK (Old UK) but I wasn't too fussed about that as they didn't look that different. The when the last one came out and it was completely different I was gutted as I thought they could have at least waited until they was all released before changing them because now the last book in this series sticks out like a sore thumb!
I think that I will try and get the red covers eventually as they are my favourite but I think this won't happen for a few years yet unless there is an offer on them.
 
So that's my thoughts on these cover changes. Do you agree? or do you prefer the older one? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.