17 January 2013

Changing Covers #9

 
Hi everyone welcome to my new weekly feature which all about covers that change either in the middle of the series or even when the series had finished. (The covers will mainly be UK changes but also from the USA.) I decided to do this feature as there has been so many cover changes it's hard to keep up.
I am not sure if anyone has done this particular feature so feel free to let me know so I can start linking it up to them. It is similar to other features that are out there but I'm hoping that this is different enough.
 
 
First Published               UK Published
 

Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz

 
With these covers they have not long since changed and when I first saw Spellbound I really liked the cover, however when I received it I wasn't sure about it as it looked a bit empty. When I saw that us in the UK was getting a new cover at first I wasn't happy (as that was back when I never had a copy) but when I saw the cover I really liked it. I love the dress and the way it has been positioned as it adds the look of texture which I love. I also like the way that there is a background which I feel the first published book lacks. I feel that both of the covers tie in well with the actual story which I like when the covers do that.
Overall I do like both of the covers but I just prefer the overall look of the new UK book.
 
 
So that's my thoughts on this cover change, what do you think? Do you agree with me? Or do you disagree? Let me know in the comments below.