8 April 2013

Book Review: A Thousand Tears: A Short Story by J.C. Martin

 
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Kindle
Publishers: Indie
Published:11th April 2011
Pages: 9
Genre: Romance
Main Characters: Can't remember!
Date Read: 30th March 2013
Rating Given:
 photo two.jpg
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

A tragic fantasy tale that will hopefully drive home the point: that communication is of foremost importance in all relationships.


When I first saw that was a free book I jumped at the chance to read it but it wasn't until I started to read it that I realized it was only 9 pages long! But I thought I would still give it a go as it would be a quick read.

I love the front cover and to be honest with you it was one of the main reason why I wanted to read it.

This was actually really good and the main reason why I had to give it 2/5 was because it was too short and therefore I didn't feel like we got the whole story which was such a shame as this could have been a brilliant book. I was left with loads of unanswered questions as to what had happened even now while writing this review I am trying to understand what had actually happened. The best way I could explain this book was that it felt like it was opened up at a random chapter.

With the characters I couldn't get any feelings towards them and actually I have forgotten the names.

Overall this could have been a really good book if only it was a longer book. I have also realized that if I am going to read a short book in the future it should be a lot longer than 9 pages longer just so I can get some kind of feeling towards the story and the character.