7 January 2014

Book Review: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9833184-the-fiery-heart
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
 
Format: Paperback (review)
Publishers: Penguin
Published: 19th November 2013
Pages: 420
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Main Characters: Sydney, Adrian
Date Read: 8th December - 1st January 2013/4
 
Rating Given:
 photo fourfive.jpg
 

Blurb:

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.
Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.



Thanks to the publishers over at Penguin I was able to get my hands on a finished review copy and I couldn't wait to devour it.
 
 I haven't been a huge fan of these covers and I'm still not but I do think this one it my favourite of the series as I love the colours which makes it stand out for me. I do like that they all tie in with each other as you just know that they are part of a series.
 
With Fiery Heart we got to have alternating points of view between Sydney and Adrian which I loved getting a peek inside Adrian's head. This book seemed a bit slower than the last book which was why it didn't get the full five out of five rating I felt like this one focused more on the obstacles Sydney and Adrian faced together. There was a couple of little action scenes but it wasn't until nearer the end that had me on the edge of my seat. It did have me laughing out loud but what would you expect with Adrian getting more focus as he is just hilarious and I love all the more for it. There was also some really sweet moments and HOT moments, there was even times that broke my heart. I wasn't expecting the ending that we got and it was such a huge cliff hanger so I would suggest if you don't like those ending wait until the next one is released!
 
I do love the characters in this series especially Sydney and Adrian they are great together. We see different sides to both of them in this book and it was great to see especially with Adrian as I felt we had a better understanding about him and at times he was very selfless which I wasn't expecting. We didn't really get to see many of the other characters but what we did get to see of them was great. We also got to see a lot more of Sydney's sister Zoe which the more we did see the more I couldn't stand her. It was also great to see a bit more of characters from Vampire Academy as I do miss them at times.
 
Overall another great book from Richelle Mead I just wish it had a bit more action as it was a bit too slow for me in places.