9 January 2014

Book Review: The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15717876-the-secret-of-ella-and-micha
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
 
Format: Kindle
Publishers: Indie (Republished by Forever)
Published: 4th October 2012
Pages: 313
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Main Characters: Ella, Micha
Date Read: 2nd January - 8th January 2014
 
Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg
 
 

Blurb:

Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.

Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.

Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.

Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.

(New Adult Contemporary)
*Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.



 
 My first read of 2014 and what I start I got as this was amazing why did it take me so long to get around to reading it?
 
There are a few different covers for this book as it has recently been picked up by Forever Publishers but this one is when it was independently published and I must say that I do prefer this one. I love the colours which makes the cover just pop and I think it has an artistic feel to it which kind of ties in with the story.
 
As well as this being my first book of the year it's also my first book by Jessica Sorensen and I know it won't be my last as I do have quite a few other of her books waiting for me on my kindle which like this I have had them for awhile. After enjoying this book so much I will get onto her other books very soon and I also bought the second one to this while I was still reading it! I loved the way it was written as I felt so caught up in everything that I didn't know what was going on around me as I can be easily distracted but not in this case it was a very powerful read. I loved the romance side of the story so much I just needed them to be together because when they was I felt the chemistry through the pages. There was also family issues throughout the book that did break my heart a little. I absolutely adored the ending and has made me very excited to see what happens next.
 
Love, love, LOVED the characters they are definitely one of my favourites that I have ever read. Ella had some demons that she had to work through and still does but that doesn't make her a weak character she is stronger for them. She did have a few different personalities and it was great to see them especially from when she was younger they really made me laugh with some of the antics that she got up to. Micha I absolutely love he had me laughing but he also had me feeling really bad for him. He does have some issues but he is still such a great character and is always there for Ella even when she wasn't there for him. There was some other characters that I also loved, Lila and Ethan where great and I am pleased that they get there own story too.
 
Overall an amazing start to the series I can't wait to continue it as well as other works from Jessica Sorensen, if this is anything to go by she could become one of my favourite authors.