27 February 2014

Book Review: Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1) by Christine Zolendz

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle
Publishers: DarkRoadDesigns 
Published: 22nd July 2012
Pages: 317
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal Romance
Main Characters: Grace, Shane
Date Read: 22nd February - 26th February 2014
Rating Given:
 photo fourfive.jpg

Blurb:
I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one-night stand kind of a guy.
But, it doesn't matter to me because I've spent my existence looking for the love of my life, my angel. And, there is nothing that Shane Maxton can do to change that.

I had heard a lot of good things about this book so just over a year ago I bought it and all those good things was right as I really enjoyed it.

I think that the cover is a bit too simple for my liking and it doesn't really give anything away about the book. I do like the muted colours as that does tie in with the book.

When I first started this book I didn't think I was actually liking it but while thinking that I was wondering what was going to happen and maybe buy the next book, so maybe I didn't dislike it that much. I loved that I never knew what was going on and kept me guessing right until they very end. By the end of this book I was so enthralled and it had me laughing and nearly crying. I also loved that it was mainly focused on the romance side of the book as for most part I forgot that it was even a paranormal book, the music was a fantastic added bonus. There was some really sweet moments and some very steamy moments which made for a perfect blend. The ending was great as it left me wanting more but I will worn those who don't like cliff hangers (I don't usually but I won't have to wait ages for the next book) this one ends with a major cliff hanger.

Even though I didn't think I was going to like most of the characters I ended up loving them. Grace was not like the sweetness and light like most female main characters have been as she was strong even when she didn't want to be. Shane is another male character that I have come to love even if he was a bit of a man whore but he soon showed his softer side. Grace's best friend Lea was really funny especially when she was drunk but what I liked the most about her was that she was always there for Grace. I also loved the rest of Shane's band as they where all so very funny. There was a couple of characters that I didn't like but I think that was what was supposed to happen.

Overall a surprising great read that I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't read it.