22 July 2015

Waiting on Wednesday - A Whole New World by Liz Braswell


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's this week's book I can't wait for...

A Whole New World (A Twisted Tale, #1) by Liz Braswell
Expected Publication: 1st September 2015

Synopsis:Welcome to a new YA series that reimagines classic Disney stories in surprising new ways. Each book asks the question: What if one key moment from a familiar Disney film was changed? This dark and daring version of Aladdin twists the original story with the question: What if Jafar was the first one to summon the Genie? 
When Jafar steals the Genie’s lamp, he uses his first two wishes to become sultan and the most powerful sorcerer in the world. Agrabah lives in fear, waiting for his third and final wish.To stop the power-mad ruler, Aladdin and the deposed Princess Jasmine must unite the people of Agrabah in rebellion. But soon their fight for freedom threatens to tear the kingdom apart in a costly civil war.
What happens next? A Street Rat becomes a leader. A princess becomes a revolutionary. And readers will never look at the story of Aladdin in the same way again.

I was sold at Aladdin retelling as I love retellings plus I love Aladdin so I'm sure this will be amazing as it sure sounds it!



What are you waiting on? 

3 comments:

  1. Woah! I'm certainly impressed with this one! There are retellings on almost every fairy tale out there, but never Aladdin! I absolutely can't wait to read this one!

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I saw this a few days ago and I'm curious as to how the writer will twist this fan fav into something new and interesting. Hope you like it when you read it :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people are excited for this one, and I certainly am too! They are so many awesome retellings coming out this year. I can't wait! Hope we both enjoy this one! :D
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete