24 September 2015

Book Tag: Nintendo


The Reading Pile has taken inspiration from the vloging Book Tag community over to the blogging world. Like her I'm not actually going to tag anyone but you're more than welcome to give it a try like I have just head over to her page and leave a link in her comments or in mine as I'm nosey and love to know what everyone else has done.

Over at The Reading Pile she has done the posts every Thursday and has already done a few so I thought I would go through the ones she has already done and do the ones I like the look of.

My Book Tag post this week is: Nintendo Book Tag:


1. NES (Nintendo Entertainment System): A classic you want to read?
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum - I've had a special edition of Wizard of Oz for a few years so I really want to read it more than other classics that I have had my eye on.

2. SNES (Super Nintendo): A sequel you liked more than the first?
Pure (Covenant, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - I did enjoy the first book but it took me a while to get into it but with the second book I loved it from the moment I started it, to the very end.

3. Nintendo 64: A book that revolutionised the way you looked at the world?
This is One Moment by Mila Gray - This one was hard as I like to read books as an escapism but I guess this book made me think about the world and how our soldiers give everything to fight for our country and not all come out unscathed mentally and physically.

4. Gamecube: A popular book that didn't go over so well with you?
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling - I'm being very controversial here but before you all start shouting at me I will say I love the Harry Potter series and will forever be one of my favourites. The reason why I chose this book as a popular book that I didn't get on with was because out of this series this one is my least favourite as I did find the beginning slow but it did get better as it went on. This is my opinion from when I first read it back when it first came out and I haven't reread it since so maybe I will give it another try and see but I don't hold out any hope as in the films again Chamber of Secrets is my least favourite.

5. Wii: A new favourite book?
Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott - I was able to narrow this one down by the fact I have finished the series now and I loved each and every book an amazing series that I would highly recommend to everyone!

6. Nintendo Power: Favourite graphic novel series or a series you want to start?
City of Bones: The Graphic Novel by Cassandra Clare - This was a hard one for me because I have never read a graphic novel and most likely never will as I don't think I will enjoy them. If I was forced to pick up one graphic novel I would go for City of Bones as I love the books so I feel like I would get on better with the graphic novel version.

7. Super Mario: A character you would like to squish like a Goomba?
America Singer from The Selection by Kiera Cass - America is such an annoying character who in both of the first two books has got on my nerves. 

8. Zelda: A newer fantasy that you consider a modern classic?
Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling - The only book I could think of for this answer was Harry Potter and I think that's because it is such a popular series that everyone has heard of even if they haven't read it.

9. Samus-Aran: Favourite sci-fi novel or one you want to read?
The Host by Stephenie Meyer - Another genre I tend to stay away from but I did read The Host as I wanted to read the new book that Stephenie Meyer wrote and I really enjoyed it but even though I enjoyed this one I still avoid sci-fi but I don't know why as I would probably like them.

10. Pokemon: Book editions that you want to collect?
The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - There's new covers for TMI which look stunning which I feel like I need but I would also like other versions of this series as they all look stunning.

11. Donkey Kong: A book with original characters?
Inspire by Cora Carmack - I've read so many paranormal books with the same kind of mythical characters but with Inspire the main character was original and new for me with her being a muse, there may be other books about muses but this one was the first for me.

12. Nintendo Fandom: Favourite Nintendo games or a game you really want?
I haven't played many Nintendo games but out of the ones that I have the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games has to be my favourite it was so much fun to play at christmas with the whole family.