25 January 2016

Book Review: The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle 
Publishers: Indie
Published: 24th February 2015
Pages: 358
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Sport Romance
Main Characters: Hannah, Garrett
Date Read: 15th January - 19th January 2016

Rating Given:
 photo five.jpg

Synopsis:
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 
Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date. 
...and it’s going to be oh so good. 
All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

I've heard so many rave reviews for this book on Goodreads so I have been after it for a while so when it went down to 99p I bought it straight away. After reading The Deal I feel that all of those rave reviews wasn't wrong...

I do love this cover and not just because of the gorgeous torso (well it does help ;)) I think what I really like is the use of colours as black and white is always a favourite of mine especially in images but with the blue in the title makes the whole cover pop.

The Deal grabbed me from the very first page and never let go even when I finished the last page as it left me wanting even more. Even though there is similarities from other NA books there was things done differently that made it feel new to me. I loved the main storyline of the story with the whole deal that was made it made it a more interesting story and had me guessing what was going to happen next. I loved the relationship between the two main characters which I think was mainly down to the great banter that they had some of the things that was said made me laugh out loud. As well as great banter these two characters had smoking hot chemistry plus they brought out the best in each other. There was some serious issues tackled in this book and was done in a different way to what I'm used to, with what had happened with Hannah in the past was horrendous normally they would not want to do anything or be close to anyone but in this case it was more about her getting her life back and wanting to do so. The ending was great because it cleared everything up as the other books are going to be another couple so everything needed to be sorted out and that's what we got. I just hope we get to see more of these two characters in the next books because I already miss them plus I want to know how they are getting on.

I loved the characters in this book especially the two main characters. Hannah wasn't a weak character that let her past get the better of her, Hannah came across as a very strong person and didn't let anything get to her. There was times when she let people walk over her but not Garrett she always gave as good as she got. Garrett is one of my favourite ever male characters as he was so funny plus he showed a vulnerability as well. I loved the other guys in Garrett's team and I can't wait to see more from them.

Overall, this was a great read and I can't wait to read more from Elle Kennedy especially if this book is anything to go by.