14 March 2016

Book Review: The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle Mead

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Paperback
Publishers: Penguin
Published: 10th February 2015
Pages: 348
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance,
Main Characters: Sydney, Adrian
Date Read: 1st February - 27th February 2016

Rating Given:
 photo four.jpg

Synopsis:
THEY WILL BE TESTED
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.
Their forbidden romance exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s bestselling Bloodlines series.
When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, she and Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world and alter their lives forever.
Don't miss their unforgettable final chapter...
LOVE WILL CONQUER ALL

I bought this a little while ago now and I've only just gotten around to reading it which I'm glad I did as sometimes I forget to finish the last book but not this time.

I've said this before about these covers and I will say it again I'm not a fan of these covers there's just something about them that could've put me off reading the book if I hadn't read her Vampire Academy series. I do like that it ties in with the rest of the series which I'm surprised that it did as quite often series change before it comes to the end which Richelle Mead is guilty of.

When I first started reading this book I couldn't quite remember what happened in the previous book as it had been a while since I had read it but there was little reminders of what happened so in the end it wasn't too bad and I was able to understand what was happening which is the main thing. There was a lot of twists and turns that I was not expecting which was good as it kept me guessing throughout and shocked me at times as well. I've always loved the romance story involved in both Bloodlines and Vampire Academy series so it was nice to see a conclusion with Sydney and Adrian as well as more from Rose and Dimitri. I love the chemistry between Sydney and Adrian plus they make sure a cute couple but they do have their disagreements which I also liked as it made it feel more real. There was a bit of action throughout but I felt I was waiting for something more to happen in a more action packed manner. I kind of liked the ending as everything came to a great ending but I don't think everything was cleared up as much as what I wanted so I do hope that there will be another spin off to get the closure that I need.

There's not much more that I can say about the characters that I haven't talked about in my previous reviews from this series. I still love all the characters and I feel like Sydney has grown the most closely followed by Adrian. It was nice to see more from Rose and Dimitri in this book than any of the other books. There was a couple of new characters that where a great addition especially one of those that I can't really say anything about as I don't want to give anything away but put it this way it changes everything for everyone.

Overall, a great ending but I do feel as though it could've been a stronger ending.