10 May 2016

Book Review: End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3) by Susan Ee

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Paperback
Publishers: Hodder & Stoughton
Published: 12th May 2015
Pages: 435
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance, Dystopia
Main Characters: Penryn, Raffe
Date Read: 4th April - 22nd April 2016

Rating Given:
 photo four.jpg

Synopsis:End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy. After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.
When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

After reading the first book in this series I have been eager to finish the series to find out how it all ends but both of the books that followed Angelfall just didn't live upto it...

All of the covers in this series have been similar but with subtle differences. What I don't like about this particular cover is the circle with part of the cover from the first book as I feel as though it should be removable as it distracts from the overall look of the cover.

When I first began this book I was enjoying it to a certain extent but for the most I felt it was a little too slow it just took too long to get on with the action. I loved that I never knew what was going to happen throughout the book as some of the things that happened threw me I just wasn't expecting pretty much everything that had happened. There was some dark moments but there was a bit of humour to balance it out. The romance side of the story played a bit of a bigger part in this book but that being said I do feel as though it was a bit of an after thought and a bit rushed. The battle towards the end was epic and I wished there was more of it as it was thrilling. For me the ending was a bit rushed plus I felt like there could be another book or at least a novella just so there's more of a clear ending.

All of the characters have grown throughout the series and we were also introduced to some new characters which I loved I just wish we had met them before as they where great additions to this series. Penryn has had the biggest personality growth especially in this book which has made her an even more likeable character. Raffe was hit and miss in this book but mainly a hit especially the second half of the book.

Overall, it was a good ending to the series but I did expect more from this series especially after such an epic beginning with Angelfall.