29 August 2012

Book Cover Talk: The Diviners

This week's book cover that I am talking about is...


The Diviners by Libba Bray


It was actually the US version of this book that I first saw and thought I might like it but this one is the UK version which I prefer (if you want to to see the other versions click the picture which will take you to Goodreads.). It actually wasn't the cover that made me want this book it was the author's name which made me want to try another series by her.
To be honest with you I never really knew what this book was about until after I receive it which then I read the synopsis on the back and thankfully it sounds like something I would like.
The cover seems to tie in with the actual story but I won't know for certain until I read it. The book is set in the 20's which I think the cover looks like that is set in that particular time period.
I don't usually like eye's not just on a cover eye's just freak me out but I don't really mind the eye on this cover as I think it makes it look intriguing as I want to know what the eye reference in the book. Also the eye is on the spine which I think looks fun and (no pun intended) eye catching.
I love that this is a more simplistic cover and with the use of the patterns in the background for me makes the cover look more effective than it would have done if the patterns wasn't there. There is only one colour that is dominant which I like as too many colours would have spoilt the overall effect.
Even though the person in the cover isn't as big as most covers use it doesn't matter as there seems to be a light shining on her making me feel like she is of importance.
The title is also simple but because of some of the highlights throughout the letters makes it look bold. Also it's one of the biggest things that's on this cover making me notice it.
I can't wait to read this book which I am hoping to be reading within the next few weeks, here's hoping that the story lives up to the cover.