3 September 2012

Book Review: Heaven (Halo #3)

Heaven (Halo #3) by Alexandra Adornetto

(May contain spoilers from previous books)

Format: Paperback (arc)
Publisher: ATOM
Published: 30th August 2012
Pages: 496
Main Characters: Beth, Xavier
Date Started: 26th August 2012
Date Finished: 30th August 2012
Rating Given: ****

Blurb from Goodreads:

Bethany, an angel sent to Earth, and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier, have been to Hell and back. But now their love will be put to its highest test yet, as they defy Heavenly law and marry. They don’t tell Beth’s archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, but the angels know soon enough, and punishment comes in a terrifying form: the Sevens, who are rogue angels bent on keeping Beth and Xavier apart, destroying Gabriel and Ivy, and darkening angelic power in the heavens.
The only way Bethany and Xavier can elude the Sevens is to hide in the open, and blend in with other mortals their own age. Gabriel and Ivy set them up at college, where they can’t reveal their relationship, and where there is still danger around each corner. Will Bethany be called back to Heaven – forever – and face leaving the love of her life?
I have loved this series and I am  so thankful to ATOM publishers for giving me the chance to review this the final in the series as I was not disappointed.

The covers for this series have been beautiful and the main reason why I was first drawn to the series this cover is no difference. I love the way the silhouettes have made the shape of a heart because that is really the main focus of this series. I just love everything about this cover one of my favourite book covers.

I found that this book was a bit slow to start with and I did get a bit confused to what was happening this could have been different if I had re-read the last book as I forgot what happened. Even though I forgot what happened I think this picked up where the last one left off which I usually like as then it doesn't need to go back and forth between what is happening and what happened that we missed but I feel like there needed to be some of that as I did get lost a couple of times. After I read a few chapters I got into my reading stride and ended up loving it just like the others. I thought that some of the things that was going on was a bit cheesy but I kind of like that. Also after a few chapters in I found the pace picked up and got very entertaining. I did get very much involved with this book and found myself getting more and more anxious to read the next chapter. I liked the ending but I did feel like there was a couple of questions that didn't get answered but that was mainly from the side characters also I would have liked it if Adornetto went a bit further into the future.

I do usually like Beth but this time I liked her even more as she really became into her own person and not what everyone wanted her to be. She also fought for what she believed in and didn't just take it. She seemed a much more stronger person than in the previous books. I have always love Xavier and this book is no different as he is still sweet especially when in Beth's company but he also had a fighting attitude which I always love to see in my main characters. I would have liked to have seen more from Gabriel as towards the end something happened to him which made him a much more interesting character. I didn't like that we didn't get to see the other characters as much as like Gabriel they all seemed to go through something that would make them better characters but in this particular case it just fell a bit flat.

Overall, I enjoyed this book but I felt like there wasn't enough time invested in some of the 'smaller' characters and that it could have had some of the beginning shortened and the ending extended.

3 comments:

  1. I love this book cover! Great review, I think I might check out this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE HER BOOKS "Halo, Hades" can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read this series - the cover is GORGEOUS! <3 It is a shame that the smaller characters needed more attention, and the beginning was a bit too long, but I am glad you still enjoyed it. Great review, Kate! :)

    ReplyDelete