7 September 2012

Book Review: Love Lines (Love Lines #1)

Love Lines (Love Lines #1) by Diana Nixon


Format: ECopy
Publisher: Independent Published
Published: 29th March 2012
Pages: 478
Main Characters: Eileen, Christian
Date Started: 21st August 2012
Date Finished: 5th September 2012
Rating Given: *** 1/2

Blurb from Goodreads:

The traces of supernatural powers have always been crossing the world of human beings. Many people know about the existence of healers, mind readers, oneiromancers and wizards. But for centuries their lives have been kept secret and no one has ever heard about one special place, where those gifted people studied.
Neither has Eileen Clark, whose life has never been different from the one other teenagers have.
But one day everything changes. Eileen finds out that she belongs to the mysterious world of unnatural and the destiny leads her to Dever - a closed university for the people like her.

Nothing will ever be the same again...

New life, new friends, new enemies...

But the true love will never let her down. It will help to go through everything....


I was asked by the author if I would like to review her book and after reading the blurb I thought it sounded interesting so I said yes and I'm glad I did as I really liked it.

I love this cover, it looks so beautiful and it also ties in with the book which I love. I love that it's drawn as it gives it a much better effect. I do think that it needed to have a bit of something at the bottom of the cover as it's just plain and doesn't fit with the rest of the cover. I also think the title should have been done in an elegant font like the lines of the 'tattoo' on the girls back.

When I first started this book I was really enjoying it which in turn had me hooked (it only took me ages to read because of reading it on my laptop). I loved it when there was things happening but at times I felt it was a bit slow and then other times things was happening too much so much so that I found I was getting lost as to what was happening. There was quite a lot of grammar mistakes which did get a bit annoying as I would be rereading that particular sentence again in the way in which I felt it should have been said. I did find that this was different to most of the books that I have read which I love as I am used to reading books that are very similar with others. The ending was one of those cliffhangers that we all love to hate it definitely makes me want to read more.

Eileen was a nice character as she always seemed to want to please everyone else but there was moments when she would get frustrated which I found made her a more realistic character. Christian I didn't really know what to think of him until he met Eileen which then I found that he had more personality. Some of the other side characters I really liked mainly Ethan as he seemed funny and sweet, I also felt sorry for him. I'm not sure about Christian's Sister and Eileen's Best Friend Amanda as she seemed like a good friend but then there was times when I thought she was a bit annoying.

Overall a good book that I am looking forward to finding out what is going to happen next.