24 October 2012

Book Cover Talk: Crewel

This week's book cover that I am talking about is...
 

Crewel by Ginnifer Albin

 
Like I seem to say every week the moment I saw this cover I wanted to read it then I saw the paperback version and I hated it, it's completely different to this version which I can't get enough of.
I am so glad I was able to get a hardback copy of the book as it's even better than this picture as it's got a metallic finish to it.
i love the abstract look of it as I'm not even sure what is happening within the cover which I feel makes it look even more alluring.
All that I can tell from the cover is the face the rest I have no clue what anything is. It looks like hair for the most part and then the rest looks to me like colours which i think makes it look beautiful.
I love all the different colours as they all seem to work well together. Like I said some of the colours have a metallic sheen making them stand out even more. What you don't see from this picture is the back cover which continues much the same as the front minus the face which makes me want to look at the back just as much as the front.
Another thing that you don't see is that under the dust jacket is just plain green with an imprint of an hourglass which may not sound interesting but it has be thinking about what is going to happen within the story.
The font of the title is simple but with the curves around it makes it look less than simple which I think makes it look eye catching. Also inside the dust jacket the title is the same but this time in pink which you would think that the green of the background wouldn't go with the brightness of the pink but I think it does.
The only thing about the cover is I don't know whether it matches the story as I haven't read it yet but I'm hoping it does as I prefer the covers to have a meaning.