3 January 2013

Changing Covers #7

Hi everyone welcome to my new weekly feature which all about covers that change either in the middle of the series or even when the series had finished. (The covers will mainly be UK changes but also from the USA.) I decided to do this feature as there has been so many cover changes it's hard to keep up.
I am not sure if anyone has done this particular feature so feel free to let me know so I can start linking it up to them. It is similar to other features that are out there but I'm hoping that this is different enough.
 
 
 
First Published                 Second Published              New Cover                
 

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

 
With this book the first published cover was completely different to the first published paperback. I don't like when that happens it would have been better to have the same cover once in paperback like other books sometimes do. Then it is changed again but I think that that is more to do with it being a UK paperback which sometimes ours changes to other covers that are out else where.
Out of the three my favourite it the first published cover as it's stunning and definitely one of my favourite ever covers. The only thing is if I had gotten the first one the others in this series wouldn't match as they are more like the second one and the new one in the UK. I do kind of like the new cover which is the one that I have but it just doesn't have the same impact as the first one. The second one is my least favourite and does actually put me of reading the series so in this case I am glad that ours is different. I just wish they didn't mess with this series covers it wasn't necessary.
 
So that's my thoughts on this ever changing covers. What's your thoughts? Do you agree? or disagree? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.