17 July 2013

Book Review: Stay by Jennifer Silverwood

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: Kindle
Publishers: SilverWood Sketches
Published: 13th February 2013
Pages: 232
Genre: Paranormal Romance, New Adult,
Main Characters: Rona
Date Read: 1st July - 13th July 2013
Rating Given:
 photo two.jpg
 
 

Blurb from Goodreads:

Sometimes, love isn’t as magical as people expect it to be…

Rona believes love is nothing more than a myth, a tale for little girls. As the oldest daughter, she knows duty and family honor as well as the difference between salt and cinnamon.

Until the immortal ruler of the seas appears from thin air and she is swept into a dark and dangerous affair. What was formerly myth soon becomes part of the everyday. And Rona believes when Seid tells her they will be together forever.

But forever is a long time and after she betrays him, what was supposed to be an eternity in paradise becomes an eternity in hell. Now she is cursed, unable to feel human emotions except through the couples she is led to save.

Two thousand years is an awfully long time to live alone. And the business of love saving isn’t what it used to be. By the twenty-first century, love has become an illusion as grandiose as magic and Rona’s ready to give up. Until the night she is seen by a human. Deep in the underbelly of the city that never sleeps, she recognizes him instantly. He may dress differently and have gained a few new scars, but she would recognize the face of her former lover in any lifetime.

Trouble is, he seems to have no memory of her and he and his ex-girlfriend are the ones whose true love she’s meant to save.
But when he starts to fall for her, she is forced to learn what it means to be human all over again.

Past and present come full circle in this tale of love, forgiveness and woe.


I received this book as a part of the Read It Review It over on Goodreads. It had taken a lot longer to get to this book than I wanted but now I'm glad that I did put it off because I wasn't a fan.

I really like the cover with all the colours and it does tie into the actual story which I always love. I do think that the title of the book should have been white so that it would stand out a bit more.

As soon as I started this book I knew I was going to have trouble getting into it. It was far too confusing as I just didn't understand what was going on and at times it contradicted itself. There was times when I thought that it was going to get better but it never lasted. I liked the Paranormal side of the story and I wish it was in it more. The romance in the story just didn't work for me as it wasn't believable.

There was times when I liked and hated the characters. Rona seemed ok to start with but with a few issues which I understood where she was coming from but other times I just wanted to smack her as she was annoying and never seemed to know what she wanted. Cain I actually liked at the beginning but then at the end I just didn't like him.

Overall I really didn't like it as it just didn't seem to flow well but there was times when it was ok.