4 September 2013

Book Review: Stitch (Stitch #1) by Samantha Durante

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)
Format: earc
Publishers: Indie
Published: 1st August 2012
Pages: 314
Genre: New Adult, Dystopia, Paranormal, Romance
Main Characters: Alessa, Isaac
Date Read: 14th July - 29th July 2013
Rating Given:
 photo four.jpg

Blurb from Goodreads:


Her heart races, her muscles coil, and every impulse in Alessa's body screams at her to run... but yet she's powerless to move.

Still struggling to find her footing after the sudden death of her parents, the last thing college freshman Alessa has the strength to deal with is the inexplicable visceral pull drawing her to a handsome ghostly presence. In between grappling with exams and sorority soirees - and disturbing recurring dreams of being captive in a futuristic prison hell - Alessa is determined to unravel the mystery of the apparition who leaves her breathless. But the terrifying secret she uncovers will find her groping desperately through her nightmares for answers.

Because what Alessa hasn't figured out yet is that she's not really a student, the object of her obsession is no ghost, and her sneaking suspicions that something sinister is lurking behind the walls of her university's idyllic campus are only just scratching the surface...

The opening installment in a twist-laden trilogy, Stitch spans the genres of paranormal romance and dystopian sci-fi to explore the challenges of a society in transition, where morality, vision, and pragmatism collide leaving the average citizen to suffer the results.
 

 Sorry its taken awhile to get this review posted but I've finally got it done!

I was given this book but the author for review. It did take me a little while to get to it but I had to get it read when I signed up for the next book.

I really like the cover of this book as its different to what I'm used to seeing. Even though it doesn't have much, what it does have makes it stand out. I feel like it does tie in with the story as it seems very scientific.

When I first started this book I couldn't really get into it as I found it a little confuse it confusing but the further I got in the book the more I started to understand and then started to enjoy it. There was so many twists and turns which I don't want to give away so it is hard to write this review without giving anything away. I kind of enjoyed the romance side of the story but I would have liked a bit more but I think that might just be because at the minute I am loving romance novels. I enjoyed the ending as it left me wanting to find out more and it made me even more excited to read the next book in this series.

Alessa has been through a lot making her a little depressing character but then over halfway through we find out that she hasn't and isn't such a delicate flower which was nice to see. I didn't feel like we really got to know Isaac as well as what we could have done at the beginning but the more we read the more we find out. There was some other great characters that I wished we got to know more.

Overall, not a bad book but it only gets good after the halfway point so bare with it and you will be pleasantly surprised especially when the big twist is revealed!