27 June 2014

Book Review: Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) by J. Lynn

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17314430-wait-for-you
(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Kindle
Publishers: Indie
Published: 26th February 2013
Pages: 332
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Main Characters: Avery, Cam
Date Read: 17th June - 24th June 2014
Rating Given:
 photo four.jpg

Synopsis:
Some things are worth waiting for…
Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.
Some things are worth experiencing…
Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.
Some things should never be kept quiet…
But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?
And some things are worth fighting for…


“The silence was killing me.
And that's all there ever was. Silence. It was all I knew. Keep quiet. Pretend nothing had happened, that nothing was wrong. And look how well that was turning out.” 


I have had this book on my kindle for over a year now and I have now finally got around to reading it now I feel like I should have started it sooner as it was a great book...

Out of all the different versions of this cover I think that this one would have to be my favourite. I must say I'm a huge fan of cover of black and white with a little bit of colour added especially when that colour is red as it makes it stand out even more.

I wasn't so sure I was going to like this book when I first started but once Cam and Avery's interaction began the book really started to pick up. There was a lot of secrets throughout this story and some was easy to guess but some kept me guessing all the way through which I kind of enjoyed trying to guess. Even through there was a lot of tears there was a lot of humour which was a great balance. I loved that there was some very strong issues tackled which was a risky move but I feel like it paid off as it was done in a very delicate and believable manner. There was so many sweet and tender moments between Avery and Cam but throughout you could tell there was a lot of chemistry even if Avery didn't want to believe what she was feeling. I absolutely loved the ending as I felt there was closure to a certain extent as no one can get over what she went through completely but enough for her to be happy which I felt was perfect for this particular story.

I did really like most of the characters but I felt that at times Avery's friends where pressuring her which I didn't like but aparrt from that they were decent friends. It was Cam's friend Ollie that I loved he was so funny and I'm looking forward to hopfully see more of him in Trust in Me seeing as that it's from Cam's point of view. Avery had the most changes in her personality as she started off quite and not very interesting but the more we got to know her and as she dealt with certain issues she really came out of her shell. Cam I loved he was so sweet but at the same time he was funny and always seemed to be there for Avery even when she kept pushing him away.

Overall a bit of a slow start but once it got going I loved this book and now I'm looking forward to reading more from this series.

“Don’t worry. I know the truth.” “The truth about what?” Cam stepped back. “You want to say yes, but you’re just not ready.” My jaw dropped. “It’s okay.” His grin turned cocky. “I’m a lot to handle, but I can assure you, you’ll have fun handling me.”