17 March 2015

Book Review: Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5) by Richelle Mead

(Click image to take you to Goodreads)

Format: Paperback
Publishers: Puffin 
Published: 29th July 2014
Pages: 380
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance, 
Main Characters: Sydney, Adrian   
Date Read: 3rd March - 10th March 2015

Rating Given:
 photo fourfive.jpg

Synopsis:
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.
In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.
Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive. 
For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .
Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.

 I received this a little while ago from Puffin publishers in exchange for a honest review.

I love that all of the covers in this series match but I would say that this one is one of my least favourites as I'm not a huge fan of the silver. I have never been a huge fan of the covers in this series as they have never really drawn me into the book.

For the first time in this series I wasn't liking this book and I thought I was thinking that I wasn't going to get into it at all. For me the being was so slow and Adrian did disappoint me a bit as well. During the beginning it was Sydney's parts that kept me going as it was what captivated me. It was about just before half way through when the book completely took off and in a good way and I didn't want to put it down there was so much happening that kept me on the edge of my seat. There was a scene in this book that I absolutely adored which I'm not going to say what it was as I don't want to give it away but it was so heart warming and not what I was expecting. The ending I just wasn't expecting a complete cliff hanger I'm just glad that I have the last book on my shelf so that I don't have to wait as long as others did.

Some of the characters had some setbacks in this particular book. There was a few new characters in this book which some of them I liked but some of them not so much. I feel that Sydney outshone every character in Silver Shadows as she showed just how strong of a person she was, without letting anything or anyone get to her. Like I said above Adrian did disappoint me in the beginning as he had seemed to give up but then just before halfway through he was back to the Adrian we all know and love.

Overall once I got over the beginning I was able to thoroughly enjoy this book and I'm very excited to see how this series is going to end.